Benefits of Proper Attic Ventilation
A well-ventilated attic:
- Can extend the life of your roof structure and attic
- Keeps the attic cool in summer and warm and dry in the winter
- Prevents hot air from warping roof sheathing, which can deteriorate shingles prematurely
- Stops water from seeping under the shingles, rotting the roof structure and damaging the insulation
- Prevents ice dams from forming
- Lowers energy costs
A Correctly Ventilated Attic
Proper ventilation means balanced ventilation. This is a combination of intake and exhaust that establishes the perfect flow of air in and out of your attic. The end result? A cooler attic in the summer and a warmer, dryer attic in the winter.
Intake and Exhaust Ventilation
Your intake ventilation occurs underneath the soffit and the exhaust ventilation takes place through the vents located on your roof. Protect and seal the air leaks around the soffit and roof vents and you are left with a properly ventilated and well functioning roofing system.
Maintaining Your Warranties
Most warranties from reputable roofing manufacturers are only honoured if your roofing system is properly ventilated. Without correct ventilation, chances are your warranty will be deemed null and void, meaning that in the event your roof requires repair or replacement before the expiration of your warranty, you may be left to shoulder the full costs on your own.
Integrity Roofers provides expert attic and roof ventilation services. Contact us today for a free consultation.